This is the place to discuss anything regarding Factions. Post suggestions, ask questions etc...

QUESTION OF THE WEEK: How did you find out about Factions?

Postby Triadian » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:54 am

We've seen a lot of new members registering over the past few weeks - so where are you all coming from ?

write us a small piece about where you came from and what attracted you enough to click the link or to search for us, did you find us on a search engine or did you have to goto another website to find us ? doesnt have to be entertaining or funny or anything even something simple like

i found you as a comment on the Rust page at indie db

you can try and put the link in if you want - but our spam bot is very sensitive.. if you like you can pm me the link as i dont think spam bot monitors my pm box. and i will insert the links into your post for you.

actually heres a challenge for some of you - do your best to fool spambot and get those links in the post see if you can confuse him enough to let your links in. if spambot does catch you rate how good or bad he is to defeat.
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
Triadian
Website & GUI

Re: QUESTION OF THE WEEK: How did you find out about Faction

Postby whiskers434 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:12 pm

i got involved in this project about 6 months ago
i came across a post on the unity forums
joined as a programmer and have been involved ever since
think a reset and wipe will fix that...
whiskers434
Programmer

Postby Khranos » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:46 am

Considering it's been a few years, I'm a bit foggy as to how I discovered the project :lol: . I think I was scouring the net for a sandbox MMO, and there was a site which "cataloged" (in a sense) up-and-coming MMO games. I could be wrong, but at the time I think I was looking to find MMOs which hadn't yet released.
"We're kept alive, by artificial means. But have lost our souls, to a world of machines" Ayreon, Natural Selection.
Khranos

Total Points: 0.00 W¢
Bank: 346.44 W¢

Postby RajCaj » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:40 pm

Someone from the Factions team noticed a post I made on mmorpg.com, and wrote me a private message to join the forums and the discussion on key features of the game.
RajCaj

Total Points: 245.00 W¢

Postby Ameridat » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:00 pm

I use the same engine as The Repopulation used to (they moved, I didn't), so their project got me interested in how sandbox games are designed and played.

I spotted TheeLord's thread on MMORPG.com and followed his signature here. I wasn't invited. More like just showed up one day. :-)
Ameridat

Total Points: 201.53 W¢

Postby TheeLord » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:45 pm

Glad you guys followed here, thank you much for your input! Keep it coming!
TheeLord
Lead Programmer

Postby Jetcutter » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:40 am

Found you on IndieDB, clicked on a whim of hope.
Jetcutter

Total Points: 24.68 W¢
Bank: 1,066.62 W¢

Return to FACTIONS GENERAL DISCUSSION