This is the place to discuss anything regarding Factions. Post suggestions, ask questions etc...

question of the week: features most looked forward to

Postby TheeLord » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:14 am

What features from what you read of factions makes you want to play it the most? Which features are you most looking forward to?
User avatar
TheeLord
Lead Programmer
 
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:26 am

Re: question of the week: features most looked forward to

Postby Avius37 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:53 am

I love how fast the devs, respond, and actually take into consideration what the community is saying.
i love the fact how open it is. all player crafted items is cool
Avius37
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:07 pm
Total Points: 127.89 W¢

Re: question of the week: features most looked forward to

Postby Triadian » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:23 am

not just all items all everything - only mother nature lends a hand ensuring fauna and flora get spread as they should.
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
User avatar
Triadian
Website & GUI
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:44 am

Re: question of the week: features most looked forward to

Postby whiskers434 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:14 am

i am looking forward to building a might kingdom with castles, outposts and lots of land

as well as a huge faction and vassal
think a reset and wipe will fix that...
User avatar
whiskers434
Programmer
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:22 am

Re: question of the week: features most looked forward to

Postby Khranos » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:17 am

Of course, the fact that it's an MMO sandbox that is mostly up to players to "create" in a sense. Most MMO sandboxes that exist at the moment either have more bugs than an 80s motel, or have trouble following a model which listens to their community.

The persistence will be nice as well, as many games in this genre are just player-server based, and don't really have lasting decisions (why should they when the console is right there?).

It also seems like every section of the game will have something to make it unique, rather than having "that one feature" that it clings to in order to pull people in while being completely cookie-cutter otherwise.
"We're kept alive, by artificial means. But have lost our souls, to a world of machines" Ayreon, Natural Selection.
User avatar
Khranos
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:32 pm
Total Points: 0.00 W¢
Bank: 346.44 W¢

Re: question of the week: features most looked forward to

Postby Triadian » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:45 am

Khranos wrote:Of course, the fact that it's an MMO sandbox that is mostly up to players to "create" in a sense. Most MMO sandboxes that exist at the moment either have more bugs than an 80s motel, or have trouble following a model which listens to their community.

we have more than the 8-s motel at the moment too :( and i think they are breeding
Khranos wrote:The persistence will be nice as well, as many games in this genre are just player-server based, and don't really have lasting decisions (why should they when the console is right there?).

i dont really class games that give players a server as mmo just mo its hardly massive when you only get 20 or 32 or 64 players on a server.

Khranos wrote:It also seems like every section of the game will have something to make it unique, rather than having "that one feature" that it clings to in order to pull people in while being completely cookie-cutter otherwise.

the issue with that is we have so many things that feel different that players might get confused and feel its too much like hard work learning to play another game, so while some see it as a bonus some feel its too complex and want to cheapen the experience :(
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
User avatar
Triadian
Website & GUI
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:44 am

Re: question of the week: features most looked forward to

Postby Khranos » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:12 pm

Triadian wrote:we have more than the 8-s motel at the moment too :( and i think they are breeding

For pre-alpha (assuming that's the best classification), that's rather acceptable. It seems many finished games these days had a great deal of bug-breeding too, but they got attached and forgot to call an exterminator :lol: .

Triadian wrote:i dont really class games that give players a server as mmo just mo its hardly massive when you only get 20 or 32 or 64 players on a server.


That's true -- I know many like to claim they are still. Under that logic, I can really only think of maybe a couple true sandbox MMOs, none of which are any good (unless you shell out $20 every month).

Triadian wrote:the issue with that is we have so many things that feel different that players might get confused and feel its too much like hard work learning to play another game, so while some see it as a bonus some feel its too complex and want to cheapen the experience :(


As of now, it seems that the sandbox community is one of the fastest growing communities, and many of them are more equipped for complexity. I'm willing to bet there's a huge number of people that would welcome complexity over a normal game that they can master in 10 minutes. Sometimes going niche is the only way to make your project stand out (hence why I'm here, at least).
"We're kept alive, by artificial means. But have lost our souls, to a world of machines" Ayreon, Natural Selection.
User avatar
Khranos
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:32 pm
Total Points: 0.00 W¢
Bank: 346.44 W¢

Re: question of the week: features most looked forward to

Postby TheeLord » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:48 am

Khranos wrote:That's true -- I know many like to claim they are still. Under that logic, I can really only think of maybe a couple true sandbox MMOs, none of which are any good (unless you shell out $20 every month).


Which $20 a month game are you referring to? I know Xsyon and Darkfall are both still charging subs, but neither were done very well IMO.
User avatar
TheeLord
Lead Programmer
 
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:26 am

Re: question of the week: features most looked forward to

Postby Khranos » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:01 pm

TheeLord wrote:Which $20 a month game are you referring to? I know Xsyon and Darkfall are both still charging subs, but neither were done very well IMO.


Honestly, just overpriced subscriptions as a whole for the most part :lol: . Wurm is one in particular, but even at $9 a month, I still don't consider it worth it based on its execution. I've never tried Darkfall, but I'd definitely agree about Xyson.
"We're kept alive, by artificial means. But have lost our souls, to a world of machines" Ayreon, Natural Selection.
User avatar
Khranos
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:32 pm
Total Points: 0.00 W¢
Bank: 346.44 W¢


Return to FACTIONS GENERAL DISCUSSION

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron