This is the place to discuss anything regarding Factions. Post suggestions, ask questions etc...

QUESTION OF THE WEEK: What Sign Are You ?

Postby Triadian » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:25 am

In Days of old, when knights were bold, they would have upon their arm a shield and adorned their horses with a caparison denoting the colors and blazons of their faction.

as such we would like to allow you create your own blazons and have upon them many wonderful emblems, such as these (random image from the internet)

so heres the actual question, what types of image would you like to have as a charge on a shield or banner that maybe we havent added yet. try to keep the suggestions as realistic as possible and while you might want a giraffe wearing a top hat and carrying a rocket launcher as your emblem it possibly will never be used again so ideally we would like replayability from the symbol also try to let us know if it should be 1 plain color or an intricate drawing with true to life coloring.
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
Triadian
Website & GUI

Re: QUESTION OF THE WEEK: What Sign Are You ?

Postby whiskers434 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:59 am

A random list of suggestions:
-cross
-dragon
-castle
-harp
-snake
-skull
-cross swords
-captain america
think a reset and wipe will fix that...
whiskers434
Programmer

Postby Triadian » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:03 am

whiskers434 wrote:A random list of suggestions:
-captain america

thats just a 5 pointed star
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
Triadian
Website & GUI

Postby Avius37 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:11 am

Anchor / Anvil / Bear / Boar / Bird / Boar / Book / Coin/ Castle / Crown / Cross / Fern /Hand / Hart / Key / Owl / Palm Tree / Phoenix / Rose / Raven / Scales / Sprout / Spears (Crossed) / Swords (Crossed)/ Tree / Wheel / Wolf /
Avius37

Total Points: 127.89 W¢

Postby Avius37 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:12 am

Hammers Crossed
Avius37

Total Points: 127.89 W¢

Postby Triadian » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:55 am

Avius37 wrote:Anchor / Anvil / Bear / Boar / Bird / Boar / Book / Coin/ Castle / Crown / Cross / Fern /Hand / Hart / Key / Owl / Palm Tree / Phoenix / Rose / Raven / Scales / Sprout / Spears (Crossed) / Swords (Crossed)/ Tree / Wheel / Wolf /

nice list - ill try make sure we have all of those
Triadian
Website & GUI

Postby TheeLord » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:06 pm

couple different of each dragons, eagles, lions. A Stag, bear, wolf, snake, Castle, ship, horse, a circle or two.
TheeLord
Lead Programmer

Postby Khranos » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:24 pm

You might want to look through some tarot cards for inspiration -- lots of cool symbols to be found there in case you run out of ideas (depending on the set, at least).

Regarding the last bit of the original post, I don't think emblems should employ much more than about 2-3 colours for the sake of realism (of course there were exceptions, but nowhere near as many).

Are there any plans of allowing players to upload simple images for their crests (maybe for a cost, to prevent undesired results)?
"We're kept alive, by artificial means. But have lost our souls, to a world of machines" Ayreon, Natural Selection.
Khranos

Total Points: 0.00 W¢
Bank: 346.44 W¢

Postby Triadian » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:54 pm

Khranos wrote:You might want to look through some tarot cards for inspiration -- lots of cool symbols to be found there in case you run out of ideas (depending on the set, at least).

its not so much running out of ideas - i bought a pack of 5,000 - of course we dont want all 5,000 so i need to weed out a few - so making sure i dont do something like - no-one would want any of the 45 leopards from the leopard set
leopards.png
leopards.png (194.92 KiB) Viewed 10794 times

so not bother using any of them - if someone said something like i like leopards and fish - i could narrow down the leopards to a few possibly the one with the fish etc.

Khranos wrote:Regarding the last bit of the original post, I don't think emblems should employ much more than about 2-3 colours for the sake of realism (of course there were exceptions, but nowhere near as many).

im trying to stick to the general rules of heraldry although there are some unwritten rules such as no metal on metal which i am not following to the exact letter - the testers will soon get a tool to play with to help us sort some things out for the better.

Khranos wrote:Are there any plans of allowing players to upload simple images for their crests (maybe for a cost, to prevent undesired results)?

we did have a talk behind the scenes about allowing user uploads and the system we have will allow it - although due to copyright and boobies etc we may have to manually check each upload so there will no doubt be a delay before uploading and having the Blazon-Hash, which you could use on your guild blazon.

whether there will be a cost either in-game or out of game was not discussed.
Triadian
Website & GUI

Postby Jetcutter » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:58 am

I do not know if vectorization of concept images is helpful. But I have some pretty powerful software at my disposal.
Be more than happy to help in any way I can.
Jetcutter

Total Points: 24.68 W¢
Bank: 1,066.62 W¢

Postby Triadian » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:58 am

Jetcutter wrote:I do not know if vectorization of concept images is helpful. But I have some pretty powerful software at my disposal.
Be more than happy to help in any way I can.

you like anyone are welcome to fill out an APPLICATION FORM if we think we have a place that you could fit into we will let you know at the very least we will contact you with a few questions and a yeah :) or a nah :(
Triadian
Website & GUI

Postby Juspar » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:26 pm

Sun
Juspar

Total Points: 50.00 W¢

Return to FACTIONS GENERAL DISCUSSION