We're not just a bunch of game creating nerds, say hello and chat about non factions stuff

Re: Question [game]

Postby Triadian » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:02 am

A: cause i took off the get paid 5 points to post reward :P

Q: should we promote spam in off-topic ?
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
User avatar
Triadian
Website & GUI
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:44 am

Re: Question [game]

Postby DOTDOTDOT » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:09 am

A: Dont promote it, but dont discourage it either

Q: What features are you looking forward to in factions?
User avatar
DOTDOTDOT
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:05 pm
Total Points: 920.00 W¢
Bank: 2.48 W¢

Re: Question [game]

Postby Triadian » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:00 am

A: ALL of them of course....

Q: who can work out the formula for earning points in the off topic area ?
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
User avatar
Triadian
Website & GUI
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:44 am

Re: Question [game]

Postby DOTDOTDOT » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:37 pm

A: It's off topic, it should be 1point per post and 5points per thread created.

Q: How's Life?
User avatar
DOTDOTDOT
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:05 pm
Total Points: 920.00 W¢
Bank: 2.48 W¢

Re: Question [game]

Postby Triadian » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:47 pm

A: quite good considering nobody worked it out yet

Q: are we bored of this game now ?
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
User avatar
Triadian
Website & GUI
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:44 am

Re: Question [game]

Postby Tony » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:21 pm

A: Nope... We get 1.37 points, per reply... I think O.o

Q: How many spots do cheetahs have?
Galileo Galilei wrote:All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.

Albert Einstein wrote:Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish.
User avatar
Tony
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:38 pm
Location: Florida, USA
Medals: 1
2012 Bronze Medalist (1)
Total Points: 442.00 W¢
Bank: 5,682.28 W¢

Re: Question [game]

Postby Triadian » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:37 pm

A: depends how many times they have been bitten by flies :P and wrong :P

Q: why do they have cheetahs have spots while tigers have stripes?
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
User avatar
Triadian
Website & GUI
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:44 am

Re: Question [game]

Postby Tony » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:38 pm

A: Genetics.

Q: Why do some asians eat dog?
Galileo Galilei wrote:All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.

Albert Einstein wrote:Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish.
User avatar
Tony
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:38 pm
Location: Florida, USA
Medals: 1
2012 Bronze Medalist (1)
Total Points: 442.00 W¢
Bank: 5,682.28 W¢

Re: Question [game]

Postby Triadian » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:39 pm

A: it tastes nice :P

Q: why not ?
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
User avatar
Triadian
Website & GUI
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:44 am

Re: Question [game]

Postby Tony » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:42 pm

A: Because dog is mans best friend (in usa anyways :P)

Q: Will DOTDOTDOT give us another game?
Galileo Galilei wrote:All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.

Albert Einstein wrote:Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish.
User avatar
Tony
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:38 pm
Location: Florida, USA
Medals: 1
2012 Bronze Medalist (1)
Total Points: 442.00 W¢
Bank: 5,682.28 W¢

Re: Question [game]

Postby Triadian » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:56 pm

A: Nope i will :P

Q: if the square route of 16 is 4 whats the round route of 16 ?
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
User avatar
Triadian
Website & GUI
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:44 am

Re: Question [game]

Postby DOTDOTDOT » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:32 pm

A: I know for a fact that thats a tricky question, due to route instead of root. Lol

Q: What is love?
User avatar
DOTDOTDOT
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:05 pm
Total Points: 920.00 W¢
Bank: 2.48 W¢

Re: Question [game]

Postby RockSauron » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:33 pm

A: A series of chemical reactions for the purpose of reproducing your genetic material.

Q: Should we REALLY be getting points for nonsensical spam like this?
User avatar
RockSauron
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:48 pm
Medals: 1
2012 Silver Medalist (1)
Total Points: 1,563.22 W¢
Bank: 3,552.10 W¢

Re: Question [game]

Postby DOTDOTDOT » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:43 pm

A: Why not?

Q: Why not?
User avatar
DOTDOTDOT
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:05 pm
Total Points: 920.00 W¢
Bank: 2.48 W¢

Re: Question [game]

Postby Triadian » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:42 am

A: hmmm why not ? i guess we shouldn't

Q: shall i turn them off again ?
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
User avatar
Triadian
Website & GUI
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:44 am

Re: Question [game]

Postby DOTDOTDOT » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:27 am

A: Nah, why turn them off anyway?

Q: How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
User avatar
DOTDOTDOT
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:05 pm
Total Points: 920.00 W¢
Bank: 2.48 W¢

Re: Question [game]

Postby Triadian » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:07 am

A:
  • "A woodchuck would chuck all the wood he could if a woodchuck could chuck wood."
  • The amount of wood that woodchucks would chuck on a given day varies greatly with the individual woodchuck. According to a Wall Street Journal article, New York State wildlife expert Richard Thomas found that a woodchuck could chuck around 35 cubic feet of dirt in the course of digging a burrow. Thomas reasoned that if a woodchuck could chuck wood, he would chuck an amount equal to 700 pounds.
    Some say it depends on three factors:
    The woodchuck's desire to chuck said wood.
    The woodchuck's need to chuck the aforementioned wood.
    The woodchuck's ability to chuck the wood when it is a woodchuck
  • The woodchuck could chuck as much wood as he wanted!
  • "Sixteen and 1/2 board feet a day- except on Groundhog's Day since groundhog is another name for woodchuck."- This answer is according to no less an authority than the 'Junior Woodchucks Guidebook', a publication often consulted by Huey, Dewey, and Louie Duck and referred to yet again by them in answering this very same question.
  • How Chuck Norris got involved-A woodchuck would only chuck as much would as Chuck Norris would allow it to, because the woodchuck shares Chuck's name. Therefore, Chuck must punish it and make it chuck as much wood as Chuck can. So, a woodchuck would chuck as much wood as Chuck could.
  • None because a wood chuck cannot chuck wood!
  • Approximately 3.9675 pounds every 5.6843 seconds. So there.
  • 2.865 lbs every 11.3686 Seconds?
  • As much as he needed to be satisfied.
  • It could chuck a lot. But it definitely couldn't chuck Chuck Norris.
  • A group of people actually did a study on this. None of the woodchucks ate any wood planks so they never upchucked it but some of them chucked them (threw them) at people.
  • During my study of Woodchuck I came to the conclusion that woodchucks don't chuck wood but only drink beer.
    However, this beer can frequently motivate them towards actions that can closely resemble the chucking of wood.
  • A woodchuck will only chuck certain wood, likely that which is found in their natural, prairie habitat. Therefore, the lack of trees on the prairie is quite closely related to the chucking of wood performed by these wood-chucking woodchucks.
  • Since it is the same animal as the Groundhog, should we not instead ask : how much ground would a groundhog hog if a groundhog would hog ground.
  • The above is pretty goood, but I think that the groundhog would be hogging sod.
  • 315g. This was an estimate done in a book of useless trivia.
  • A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck - if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
  • About as many good cookies a good cook could cook, if a good cook could cook cookies good.
  • About as many boards as the bored Mongol hordes would hoard if the bored Mongol hordes did hoard boards in gourds.
  • He would chuck, he would, as much as he could, he would, if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
  • If he could chuck wood, the woodchuck would chuck as much as he could!
  • If a woodchuck could chuck wood, he would and should chuck wood. But if woodchucks can't chuck wood, they shouldn't and wouldn't chuck wood. Though were I a woodchuck, and I chucked wood, I would chuck wood with the best woodchucks that chucked wood.
  • If a woodchuck could chuck wood, then s/he'd chuck all the wood, s/he'd chuck and chuck and chuck and chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
  • It would chuck the amount of wood equal to the seashells that sweet Suzy Shoreham sells by the seashore divided by how many primary pickled peppers Peter Piper picks.
  • One quarter of a sycamore if you give him a quarter for every quarter of the sycamore he cut.
  • It might depend on how many female woodchucks were present. Or, it could depend on whether the woodchuck's mother-in-law was around or not. If she was, he'd be chucking all day. If not, he'd be watching the football game.
  • Some maintain that woodchucks could not and would not chuck wood at all.
  • It depends on how good his dentures are!
  • A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood. But unfortunately, woodchucks do not chuck wood.
  • About 5.72 fluid litres of wood
  • About as many boards as the Mongol hoards would hoard if the Mongol hordes did hoard boards.
  • Tons. More than you can count. Honestly. No one can chuck more would than a woodchuck.
  • If the woodchuck's name was Maurice, then it could chuck all the wood that it wants to. However, if its name is Frank, no chucking would be for it.
  • Due to the average size of a woodchuck and the general density of wood (not including cork [which is actually bark]) if a woodchuck could chuck wood it would probably get through about 6.573 pounds per day, assuming the woodchuck is functioning correctly.
  • Using the formula: (W + I) * C where W = the constant of wood, which is well known to be 61, as agreed in many scientific circles. I = the variable in this equation, and stands for the word "if" from the original problem. As there are three circumstances, with 0 equaling the chance that the woodchuck cannot chuck wood, 1 being the theory that the woodchuck can chuck wood but chooses not to, and 2 standing for the probability that the woodchuck can and will chuck wood, we clearly must choose 2 for use in this equation. C = the constant of Chuck Norris, whose presence in any problem involving the word chuck must there, is well known to equal 1.1 of any known being, therefore the final part of this calculation is 1.1. As is clear, this appears to give the answer of (61 + 2) * 1.1 = (63) * 1.1 = 69.3.
  • How Chuck Norris got involve: A woodchuck would only chuck as much would as Chuck Norris would allow it to, because the woodchuck shares Chuck's name. Therefore, Chuck must punish it and make it chuck as much wood as Chuck can. So, a woodchuck would chuck as much wood as Chuck could.
  • I disagree with above: A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck until Chuck Norris got there.

Q: do i need to get a life ?
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
User avatar
Triadian
Website & GUI
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:44 am

Re: Question [game]

Postby Tony » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:52 pm

A: HAHA well, it seems like you do have a life.. a lifelong knowledge of woodchucks :P
Thanks for learning me on the subject, never knew groundhogs were woodchucks lol

Q: Woodchuck vs Chuck Norris, who wins?
Galileo Galilei wrote:All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.

Albert Einstein wrote:Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish.
User avatar
Tony
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:38 pm
Location: Florida, USA
Medals: 1
2012 Bronze Medalist (1)
Total Points: 442.00 W¢
Bank: 5,682.28 W¢

Re: Question [game]

Postby Triadian » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:12 pm

A: depends what their doing, lets assume your sticking with the theme of chucking wood then the woodchuck would chuck more wood than chuck.... here's my reasoning on this matter - Chuck Norris does not chuck wood. The wood chucks itself when it sees Chuck Norris coming.

Q: do robots dream of sheep ?
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
User avatar
Triadian
Website & GUI
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:44 am

Re: Question [game]

Postby Tony » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:19 pm

A: No Robots do not dream, Or even sleep for that matter. Unless we have powered them down, but in that case they are more dead than anything. (lol the woodchuck also runs when it sees Chuck Norris coming)

Q: What happens when an unmovable object meets an unstoppable force?
Galileo Galilei wrote:All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.

Albert Einstein wrote:Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish.
User avatar
Tony
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:38 pm
Location: Florida, USA
Medals: 1
2012 Bronze Medalist (1)
Total Points: 442.00 W¢
Bank: 5,682.28 W¢

Re: Question [game]

Postby Triadian » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:23 pm

A: now that's an easy one, the unstoppable force is simply forced to go around the unmovable object. the force doesn't stop and the object doesn't move.

Q: am i the font of all knowledge ? if not where is it ?
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
User avatar
Triadian
Website & GUI
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:44 am

Re: Question [game]

Postby DOTDOTDOT » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:29 pm

A: On you're other tab of Google xD

Q: Why does the wood chuck itself when chuck is near?
User avatar
DOTDOTDOT
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:05 pm
Total Points: 920.00 W¢
Bank: 2.48 W¢

Re: Question [game]

Postby Tony » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:18 pm

A: Because it wants to

Q: Anyone else noticed the forums get a little in-active? :P
Galileo Galilei wrote:All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.

Albert Einstein wrote:Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish.
User avatar
Tony
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:38 pm
Location: Florida, USA
Medals: 1
2012 Bronze Medalist (1)
Total Points: 442.00 W¢
Bank: 5,682.28 W¢

Re: Question [game]

Postby TheeLord » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:51 pm

A: yup, but no worries, in a few months when we start pushing the publicity we will get a lot more new visitors and activity. We have really done nothing to advertise the game yet..

Q: when we do start advertising, what may be a good site to get the errors out besides mmorpg.com?
User avatar
TheeLord
Lead Programmer
 
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:26 am

Re: Question [game]

Postby RockSauron » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:55 pm

Massively at joystiq s a fairly popular mmo site that frequently has interviews with indie debs, also one of the writers loves sandboxes.

A: any other ideas?
User avatar
RockSauron
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:48 pm
Medals: 1
2012 Silver Medalist (1)
Total Points: 1,563.22 W¢
Bank: 3,552.10 W¢

PreviousNext

Return to RANDOM DISCUSSION and INTRODUCTIONS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron