We're not just a bunch of game creating nerds, say hello and chat about non factions stuff

Greed Monger: Pure Competition

Postby RockSauron » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:44 am

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/app ... g?ref=live

Taken from there:

Launch Day - (Nothing in the world but Land, Animals, Monsters and Nature. You will build the world around you.)

Seems pretty much what this game is trying to be.

Sooooooo yeah. :/
RockSauron

Medals: 1
2012 Silver Medalist (1)
Total Points: 1,563.22 W¢
Bank: 3,552.10 W¢

Re: Greed Monger: Pure Competition

Postby TheeLord » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:48 am

I read on this game, very pretty graphics, but they have no server side architecture yet, our server _ client architecture is very far along. While our graphics are not up to that level yet, we believe in substance before fluff. Their revenue model is based on people buying plots of land, so in reality this is a complete pay to win concept, they also will not allow territory capturing. I believe factions has superior ideas and we will not use any sort of pay to win systems. We are also quite a bit further along then this game it appears.
TheeLord
Lead Programmer

Postby Triadian » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:20 am

the wording of that kickstarter perks starts my PR head rolling, the first few offer parcels of land upto 4 squares - thats cool however it then offers guilds the option of starting towns/cities so what if i donate and get 4 squares of land and then join the guild who have a city on the other side of the world. hope they allow me to transfer my area.

which of course they will, buy looking at how they judge the importance of land i'm guessing it will be a paid move
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
Triadian
Website & GUI

Postby TheeLord » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:41 pm

The entire game concept and kickstarter seem very off.. And almost scammy with their promises considering how little is actually completed by them at this point. I wish them the best but it doesn't seem that they are in the race for the right reasons.
TheeLord
Lead Programmer

Postby TheeLord » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:45 pm

And on a side note I cannot believe mmorpg.com gave this game a site there in that games stage of development. I guess pretty graphics can get you lots of things...
TheeLord
Lead Programmer

Postby RockSauron » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:34 am

Well, when do you guys think you'll be spreading the word, as it were? Since you say you're farther along then it seems...
RockSauron

2012 Silver Medalist (1)

Postby Triadian » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:22 am

TheeLord wrote:And on a side note I cannot believe mmorpg.com gave this game a site there in that games stage of development. I guess pretty graphics can get you lots of things...

i had my very first game listed on MMORPG about 8 years ago back then it was as easy as filling in a form not sure how easy it is now though. when the tech video is out i'll give it another go :P

which btw rock should answer your question aswell
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
Triadian
Website & GUI

Postby RockSauron » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:31 am

Any idea how long the tech video will take?

Also, when that happens, will you start interviewing some sites? If so, in addition to mmorpg I recommend massively.joystiq.com
RockSauron

2012 Silver Medalist (1)

Postby Triadian » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:36 am

we are working towards a release this side of xmas, wether we make it or not remains to be seen but at the moment it is a few weeks ahead of schedule.
Triadian
Website & GUI

Return to RANDOM DISCUSSION and INTRODUCTIONS