We're not just a bunch of game creating nerds, say hello and chat about non factions stuff

What type of Gamer are you?

Postby Jetcutter » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:03 pm

I did not see this in General discussion forums. And in light of Ameridat's Conversation Here;
I thought I would bring up the question. :fullglass:
Jetcutter

Total Points: 24.68 W¢
Bank: 1,066.62 W¢

Re: What games do you play?

Postby TheeLord » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:07 pm

I play the game of programming =( It's kinda a long, boring game with spikes of insanely gratifying moments.. Otherwise I play Europa Universalis 4 and HOTS right now, and I try a new Oculus Rift demo every few days. Usually only have time for about 10 hours a week of gaming though, and even that much I feel guilty for, I should be coding instead lol

Favorite games of all time: Starcraft 2, SimCity4, Europa Universalis 4, Civilization 4, WoW, SWG.
TheeLord
Lead Programmer

Re: What type of Gamer are you?

Postby Triadian » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:15 pm

i consider myself a now gamer, i play games that have just come out now, but only ones that grab my interest and only for about a week or so, learn as much as i can about how things work, see what i like what i dont then prob never return to them.
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
Triadian
Website & GUI

Postby Jetcutter » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:57 pm

I also play the programming game, on a different scale.
I find, at my ever increasing age, that think I have played everything anybody could throw at me.
I've only within the past few years found I have become seriously attracted to the Free roam, Crafting, Trading,
Building "Genre".
Detest 1st person views BTW ;)

I Infest IndieDb daily, ( I found this there ).
Jetcutter

Postby Triadian » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:12 am

Jetcutter wrote:I also play the programming game, on a different scale.
I find, at my ever increasing age, that think I have played everything anybody could throw at me.
I've only within the past few years found I have become seriously attracted to the Free roam, Crafting, Trading,
Building "Genre".
Detest 1st person views BTW ;)

I Infest IndieDb daily, ( I found this there ).

snap - although i rarely visit indieDB.
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
Triadian
Website & GUI

Postby Khranos » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:25 am

If it's sandbox, I've probably played it. But, I'm about the same way as most people here. Economic games (Industry/transport giant anybody?), some RTS games, lots of RPGs, and really, anything which involves some free roam and upgrade elements. Multiplayer is also a huge boon, as long as it's not your run of the mill free to play. And, sometimes a good perma-death rogue-like sounds nice.

Some favorites are Kenshi (really, really worth looking into. It somewhat reminds me of a single player Factions), Garry's Mod, Skyrim, Goat Simulator (not sure how that one fits in, it just does), Path of Exile, Red Faction Guerrilla, Majesty 2, and Guild Wars 2.
"We're kept alive, by artificial means. But have lost our souls, to a world of machines" Ayreon, Natural Selection.
Khranos

Total Points: 0.00 W¢
Bank: 346.44 W¢

Postby Jetcutter » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:38 am

Khranos wrote:Some favorites are Kenshi.

Hard to find folk whom know of this.
Well met Sir! :thumbsup:
Jetcutter

Postby Khranos » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:41 am

Jetcutter wrote:
Khranos wrote:Some favorites are Kenshi.

Hard to find folk whom know of this.
Well met Sir! :thumbsup:

Well, in that case, it sounds like we'll get along just fine :lol: . I don't think I've ever found anybody else who already knew about it.
"We're kept alive, by artificial means. But have lost our souls, to a world of machines" Ayreon, Natural Selection.
Khranos

Postby Jetcutter » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:45 am

Yea, Supported Deathbeard in 2011 I believe.
I dabble from time to time to check his progress, It's shaping up pretty well!
Jetcutter

Postby Khranos » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:00 am

Jetcutter wrote:Yea, Supported Deathbeard in 2011 I believe.
I dabble from time to time to check his progress, It's shaping up pretty well!

Wow, that's early! Where'd you even get to find out about it so soon? I started following it mid-2012 when it went up in the first IndieFort bundle. It has been doing well though. I remember there was about a year or so that it seemed dead, it's been moving along nicely recently however.
Khranos

Postby Jetcutter » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:31 am

Had an Australian online friend I chatted with on Skype in Sacred 2, he turned me on to it.
I still have active account at Kenshi.
Jetcutter

Postby Ameridat » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:43 am

Adventure DEC PDP-11 winter of 1977 on a 110 baud acoustic coupler to a mainframe at Armstrong's R&D facility using a home made terminal with black and white 12 inch TV as monitor.

It felt like Star Trek to be so cutting edge.

Now I just play casual games on Android and mess in RealmLords 2 pre-alpha (the Graphical MUD I'm developing).

So much for cutting edge, huh? *grin*

Overall, I'm not a gamer at all. I just like to mod games, even write them, and play with friends when I can.
Last edited by Ameridat on Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ameridat

Total Points: 201.53 W¢

Postby whiskers434 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:46 am

I play mmofps like planetside 2 and heroes and generals
think a reset and wipe will fix that...
whiskers434
Programmer

Postby Khranos » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:40 am

Ameridat wrote:Adventure DEC PDP-11 winter of 1977 on a 110 baud acoustic coupler to a mainframe at Armstrong's R&D facility using a home made terminal with black and white 12 inch TV as monitor.

It felt like Star Trek to be so cutting edge.

That honestly sounds like something I'd pay money to experience :lol: . Sadly, I came into the whole thing a bit later, so things had progressed past terminals and were at semi-standard interfaces.

I'm not sure if it's the fact I haven't experienced it or if it's true, but it just seems like it had a lot more charm than our current technology which can virtually handle everything on its own.
Khranos

Postby Ameridat » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:16 am

The way I see it, new is fun. It was new we had a blast. The whole thing had less power than a 1st generation PONG, but we had fun.

When MUDs were new they were fun too. The 'holy crap' factor of just being in virtual space with people all over the world. It was new, that made it special, special made it fun.

There's no 'holy crap' factor anymore. It's all... been there, done that. The big breakthrough in the last decade is phones, but they don't do anything more than we used to do on laptops. They're just small and portable. No fun.

Then again, I'm kind of in a pissy, trying to get my firewall system to take RAM. "I don't like that... BLEH... I won't boot." it says. Grrr. Toss it out the window, I have 20 more on the shelf ! :-) So that might taint my perspective at the moment.
Ameridat

Total Points: 201.53 W¢

Postby TheeLord » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:34 am

whiskers434 wrote:I play mmofps like planetside 2 and heroes and generals

We need to get you a dev badge on your forum panel. Not sure why you don't have one yet lol
TheeLord
Lead Programmer

Postby Triadian » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:01 am

TheeLord wrote:We need to get you a dev badge on your forum panel. Not sure why you don't have one yet lol

He does :P
Triadian
Website & GUI

Postby Christopher Walker » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:11 pm

I am a casual (don't hate pl0x). Since I'm a student, I play games mostly on vacations due to exams, homework and stuff like that. However, I do like achieving stuff, you know?
Christopher Walker

Bank: 138.29 W¢

Return to RANDOM DISCUSSION and INTRODUCTIONS