All the latest News & Info on what were doing to Factions

Development Update #1

Postby TheeLord » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:19 pm

Factions development update #1

I had a dream last night.. Walking into a cave and at the end was a giant dragon, I walked closer and closer to the dragon, it opened it's eyes suddenly and I awoke. I thought about the dream some today, I feel it was a sign that my dream of making this mmo was finally starting to really take hold with more people, it is not just a dream for me, there are many others who are becoming invested in it's ideas and shaping the way the final game will play. I have coded for years and have had to put up with so many people who say its not possible and it will amount to nothing. But working with the current factions team I can finally put all those fears behind me and look at the future of the game. The code works, the systems work, but most of all we seem to work as a team very well together.

There has been so much progress made in the last two months since I started recruiting again. We have finally tested the game over the internet and while there are a ton of bugs in the current build, most of which are already ironed out, there is nothing with the systems standing in the way of us completing the game.

We have implemented the basic factions (guild) system, this framework is now in place and we are able to build features off of it. The very basics of the mission system is also in place, soon it will allow testers to create a mission and have others complete it.

Major updates have been done to our animation system, our text system is in the process of being overhauled. We have the outline of a new logon screen in place to replace the very ugly placeholder we had previously.

Our entire gui is being revamped and updated with appropriate graphics. The 3d artists are hard at work creating buildings and assets for the game. We have a new test character in the game which adds a lot of 'character' to the game. The art team has also agreed on a general style for the game which should be showcased in new screenshots in a few weeks.

We are working towards releasing some in-game footage which will showcase the basics of all our systems. It is still probably 3 months off, but it should be very impressive once released. We hope this generates more interest for factions and brings even more talent to the development team

I will be providing updates for our fans, like this one, quite often. I hope to release one every 2 or 3 weeks.

Thank you all for your interest!
Mike stankiewicz (theelord)
Factions founder and lead programmer
TheeLord
Lead Programmer

Re: Development Update #1

Postby kittzs » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:07 pm

Nice post ! But I feel similar !This is a great team and evryday we make progress it's very pleasent to work with you guys hopefully it stays like that !
Greetz
kittzs

Total Points: 9.96 W¢

Postby Tony » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:24 pm

TheeLord wrote:
> We are working towards releasing some in-game footage which will showcase the basics
> of all our systems.

Are there videos posted that I'm not seeing?
If there are no videos, I think adding a couple would be awesome :)
Tony

Medals: 1
2012 Bronze Medalist (1)
Total Points: 442.00 W¢
Bank: 5,626.28 W¢

Postby Rhadamanthos » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:52 am

No videos yet. They are in the making though, not going to give a timeline on when they will be ready. but keep an eye out. They will be posted to our users on the forums here
Rhadamanthos
Programmer

Total Points: 135.98 W¢
Bank: 0.00 W¢

Return to ANNOUNCEMENTS & NEWS