All the latest News & Info on what were doing to Factions

RESULT : Design A Random Encounter

Postby Triadian » Thu May 03, 2012 3:28 pm

after much deliberations on our end we have decided to award the first prize of an alpha key to RockSauron
for this slightly edited version of an random encounter
The Pirate Ship
a pirate turns up on a beach with semi-wrecked boat, he says he needs a crew of people to help fix his ship to find some buried treasure. Players sign on to the crew and must gather materials to repair the ship; Once the ship is ready to sail the crew must meet at a specific time and be ready to set sail. Each member of the crew must perform actions to keep the boat running such as bucketing out the water and manning the sails all of which require constant input. All actions a player does, help towards their final reward. Once the boat arrives at an instanced island, after following the pirate to an X he says the chest is buried deep underground, and thus everyone must dig in the sand. somewhere in the sand is the chest and everyone gets their share based on how well they contributed both in the gathering and the sailing stages the more they did the bigger their reward.

We would also like to award a runner up prize of 500 points to Tony
for this slightly edited version of an random encounter
The Shape Shifter
You are out in the local forest where your faction goes to collect herbs and other supplies routinely in order to keep your faction's warehouses in stock. You stumble across a strange looking object that you have never seen before, It is colored oddly compared to the rest of things in the area, and almost has a slight transparent look to it, since you've spent quite a bit of time in this area you notice it immediately and you decide to collect it and bring it back to your faction to be studied more. Once returning to your faction, instead of letting everyone know of what you had found you just put the strange object in your factions storage as you do with everything you've collected. Your faction start noticing that some of the food and water is going missing, and friends are speaking of missing armor and weapons from the faction's supplies. Word spreads fast through your faction that there may be a thief on the loose and that everyone should keep a watch for any suspicious activity. After a while the thought dawns on you that you Nnever did anything with that Odd looking object that you had stumbled across, so you decide to go grab it and show everyone. Once you have made your way to the faction's storage, you realize that the strange object has vanished, You alert everyone of what has happened, your faction gathers up and starts looking around the town to look for something that is new, missing or perhaps even misplaced. One of your buddies noticed that at your factions military base, a whole crate of swords has appeared upstairs, but nobody claims to have put them them there. upon approaching the crate of swords it moves and changes it shape into that of a humanoid figure You have two choices now you know that this is the shape shifter, you may attack it, or try to reason with it. what could it grant you if you become friends with it, what would happen if you kill it??? If the shape shifter is never found then it will go about stealing/pranking for a little while until it gets bored and decides to move on.
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
Triadian
Website & GUI

Re: RESULT : Design A Random Encounter

Postby RockSauron » Thu May 03, 2012 4:09 pm

Yay I win. Even though the runner up was already disqualified from first place because he already had a key, but whatever.

Now you can burn that ticket you have holded up! BURN IT!

... anyway, I kind of like tony's better but meh, he couldn't win anyway
RockSauron

Medals: 1
2012 Silver Medalist (1)
Total Points: 1,563.22 W¢
Bank: 3,552.10 W¢

Postby Tony » Thu May 03, 2012 8:17 pm

Grats Rock, looks like rhad will have to find a better use for that half ticket now haha!
Tony

2012 Bronze Medalist (1)
Total Points: 442.00 W¢
Bank: 5,682.28 W¢

Postby TheeLord » Thu May 03, 2012 11:40 pm

Congrats! You've earned the alpha key even if not for this competition IMO
:thumbsup:
TheeLord
Lead Programmer

Postby Triadian » Thu May 03, 2012 11:43 pm

RockSauron wrote:Yay I win. Even though the runner up was already disqualified from first place because he already had a key, but whatever.

Now you can burn that ticket you have holded up! BURN IT!

... anyway, I kind of like tony's better but meh, he couldn't win anyway

he wasn't disqualified - he could of won a second ticket to give you one of his friends etc.

the only entries that were disqualified were from members of the dev team whom i considered it unfair if they were in the running one of whom even added about 8 pictures to get across the feeling of the encounter :P

your entry was considered the most usable based on the criteria we had in mind for the encounters
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
Triadian
Website & GUI

Postby RockSauron » Fri May 04, 2012 12:01 am

Well, that would have been annoying if he won another one. Then again, I guess it's nice to know that I'm the best one XD

Though, could I ask how many entries there were?
RockSauron

2012 Silver Medalist (1)

Postby Triadian » Fri May 04, 2012 12:08 am

5 in total
Triadian
Website & GUI

Postby RockSauron » Fri May 04, 2012 12:19 am

Does that include the team members, or duplicate submissions from the same people?
RockSauron

2012 Silver Medalist (1)

Postby Triadian » Fri May 04, 2012 12:31 am

it includes the total number of different random encounters by anyone
Triadian
Website & GUI

Postby RockSauron » Fri May 04, 2012 12:43 am

Ah, ok then. Well, anyway. thanks for the key! Though I'm guessing it'd be a while before I can use it :p
RockSauron

2012 Silver Medalist (1)

Postby Triadian » Fri May 04, 2012 1:21 am

that would depend on the value you gave to the word while - were i to say i will be there in a while - i assume you think i would be there very shortly, whereas "it wont be ready for a while" could mean a longer amount of time but i feel again not as long as some other words such as soon or shortly.

so to answer your question "i'm guessing it'd be a while before i can use it" i would think maybe longer :P but then it would depend on which time value i gave it also :P
Triadian
Website & GUI

Return to ANNOUNCEMENTS & NEWS