All the latest News & Info on what were doing to Factions

State of the game #6

Postby TheeLord » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:24 pm

Hi everyone! I can't believe it has been four months since our last state of the game update! We have been slowly making progress but have also been rethinking the graphics engine we are using for client side graphics which has held up our progress slightly. We should come out of this process stronger one way or another. Hopefully in the next few months we are back to rapidly developing Factions so we can bring it all to you as quick as possible.

As far as progress goes, we are still working hard on the brains of the game. We want to solidify most of the game's systems first before we start creating lots of content. Currently we are working on the in-game attribute systems.

As always, we would love to hear from you! Please take a moment to post questions or encouraging comments on our forums here. Knowing there are fans eagerly awaiting Factions is what keeps us working so hard to make this a reality!
TheeLord
Lead Programmer

Re: State of the game #6

Postby Khranos » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:25 am

It's good to hear that the core of the game is being worked on before the "fun" stuff. Many developers jump over that step and end up with a very bug filled game which is too far gone to fix.

If you don't mind releasing it, might I ask what has been completed at this point in time?

And of course, I can't wait for the release, whenever that might be!
Khranos

Total Points: 0.00 W¢
Bank: 343.44 W¢

Postby Triadian » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:04 pm

visually nothing much has changed to the main core version so it still resembles the promo vid from nearly a year ago :( which can be seen @ THIS PAGE

two other branched versions have been done nothing much to release on them yet though
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
Triadian
Website & GUI

Postby TheeLord » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:21 pm

Khranos wrote:It's good to hear that the core of the game is being worked on before the "fun" stuff. Many developers jump over that step and end up with a very bug filled game which is too far gone to fix.

If you don't mind releasing it, might I ask what has been completed at this point in time?

And of course, I can't wait for the release, whenever that might be!

Thank you for the encouragement Khranos. And yes you can check out the promo video for details on what state the playable game is in right now. Basically we have the server - client communications, abilities system, crafting, basic communications, construction, buffs, basic UI, and a few other systems in place that I can't think of right now. Still so much work to be done, yet so much already finished!
TheeLord
Lead Programmer

Return to ANNOUNCEMENTS & NEWS