All the latest News & Info on what were doing to Factions

Dev Diary #8 - Hard at Work

Postby TheeLord » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:02 am

It's been an incredibly productive month for the factions team. We have been very hard at work. Construction of buildings is once again working and we have moved on to new systems such as the tech tree and customizable character, mesh hiding for the armor etc... there are only a few pieces to rough into the application until it will begin to resemble an actual game where you have a purpose and challenges.

We have also done a huge amount of bug squashing in our server and client code. This has made internal tests much more predictable, stable, and dare I say, almost fun...

I can't wait for next dev diary when I'll surely have some good screenshots and even more exciting work to share with you all.

Mike
TheeLord
Lead Programmer

Re: dev diary #8

Postby Triadian » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:55 pm

i'll just go hide up a tree and wait :P
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
Triadian
Website & GUI

Postby austino » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:54 pm

I'm stoked!
austino
Composer

Postby Khranos » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Very exciting! I've just spent the morning reading through unread posts, and it's good to see the silence bout is now over. I'm eagerly awaiting the next alpha test to see some of this in action.
Khranos

Total Points: 0.00 W¢
Bank: 343.44 W¢

Postby TheeLord » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:32 pm

Thanks for the reply Khranos! We also can't wait to show off our work. While it's nearly completely stable at the moment, it's just not quite "fun" at all yet. There just isn't anything to really do besides build a couple of different buildings and chop down trees. Luckily most of the "behind the scenes" stuff that is necessary for content to be built is now in place.

We still haven't gotten to a point where we can spare time to build in content, but it's coming soon. And as soon as we have some more things for people to build, and we test it more internally etc... we will schedule some tests with all of our alpha testers!

I'm hoping maybe 6 months until some very very early alpha tests?? Don't hold me to that date though please!

Also, I'm hoping to get the next dev diary up in a few days. Just waiting for our 3d artist to get me the new lean-to model =)
TheeLord
Lead Programmer

Return to ANNOUNCEMENTS & NEWS