All the latest News & Info on what were doing to Factions

My camp in the woods

Postby TheeLord » Wed May 13, 2015 3:07 am

Just stopping in to say hi and to let everyone know that progress is moving forward well with Factions. We are working on AI, flora / fauna spawning, Content, player stats, and of course, lots and lots of bug fixing. I snapped a quick screenshot today while I was testing some new trees and rocks we just put in game. =)

5_12_15.png
5_12_15.png (1.27 MiB) Viewed 85135 times
User avatar
TheeLord
Lead Programmer
 
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:26 am

Re: My camp in the woods

Postby Jetcutter » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:14 pm

Too quiet!
User avatar
Jetcutter
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 11:24 pm
Location: Ohio
Total Points: 24.68 W¢
Bank: 1,055.62 W¢

Re: My camp in the woods

Postby Triadian » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:05 pm

how do you feel it should be more noisy ?
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
User avatar
Triadian
Website & GUI
 
Posts: 1173
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:44 am

Re: My camp in the woods

Postby Jetcutter » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:13 am

Not defended, I would fear an imminent attack..
User avatar
Jetcutter
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 11:24 pm
Location: Ohio
Total Points: 24.68 W¢
Bank: 1,055.62 W¢

Re: My camp in the woods

Postby Triadian » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:42 am

is this better ?

5-26-15b.png
5-26-15b.png (1.17 MiB) Viewed 85053 times
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
User avatar
Triadian
Website & GUI
 
Posts: 1173
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:44 am

Re: My camp in the woods

Postby Jetcutter » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:13 pm

That was fast! very nice.
User avatar
Jetcutter
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 11:24 pm
Location: Ohio
Total Points: 24.68 W¢
Bank: 1,055.62 W¢

Re: My camp in the woods

Postby Khranos » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:56 pm

I'm loving all the new progress. Can't wait for the alpha!
User avatar
Khranos
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:32 pm
Total Points: 0.00 W¢
Bank: 343.44 W¢

Re: My camp in the woods

Postby TheeLord » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:38 pm

It's been a long time coming, but we are getting close to limited, closed testing.
User avatar
TheeLord
Lead Programmer
 
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:26 am

Re: My camp in the woods

Postby Jetcutter » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:27 pm

Great to hear, Rumbelly needs to get in game a lose a few pounds!
User avatar
Jetcutter
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 11:24 pm
Location: Ohio
Total Points: 24.68 W¢
Bank: 1,055.62 W¢

Re: My camp in the woods

Postby TheeLord » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:50 pm

lol! nice Speaking of which... one of our planned features is to have muscle mass and body fat change with a user's stats. So a player who has low endurance / strength compared to their other stats will look pudgy. Those who only do manual labor and physical combat will look more buff :mrgreen:
User avatar
TheeLord
Lead Programmer
 
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:26 am

Re: My camp in the woods

Postby Triadian » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:03 pm

whats with all the rumbelly bashing :( poor guy ......

i think i still have his dna strain somewhere :P luckily i got rid of mr transvestite's DNA though :P
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
User avatar
Triadian
Website & GUI
 
Posts: 1173
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:44 am

Re: My camp in the woods

Postby Jetcutter » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:07 pm

rofl! no Caitlyn's please :P
User avatar
Jetcutter
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 11:24 pm
Location: Ohio
Total Points: 24.68 W¢
Bank: 1,055.62 W¢

Re: My camp in the woods

Postby Triadian » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:43 pm

he's in Dev Diary #10 in case you missed him.
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
User avatar
Triadian
Website & GUI
 
Posts: 1173
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:44 am

Re: My camp in the woods

Postby Jetcutter » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:35 am

Yup, before my time, but hilarious none the less!
User avatar
Jetcutter
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 11:24 pm
Location: Ohio
Total Points: 24.68 W¢
Bank: 1,055.62 W¢

Re: My camp in the woods

Postby Triadian » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:22 am

all those diaries still apply and can be commented on as do all the questions of the week etc. the more input we get from people the more we get a picture of what the ultimate sandbox will be and the more can adapt our the game to stick within our ideal vision and the players ideals
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
User avatar
Triadian
Website & GUI
 
Posts: 1173
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:44 am

Re: My camp in the woods

Postby SideKick » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:53 am

has this game came out yet? it looks so good
SideKick
 
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:41 am
Total Points: 50.00 W¢

Re: My camp in the woods

Postby SideKick » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:55 am

and if so where can i play it????
SideKick
 
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:41 am
Total Points: 50.00 W¢

Re: My camp in the woods

Postby Triadian » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:03 am

SideKick wrote:has this game came out yet? it looks so good


Soon tm.... :lol:

but seriously we plan on starting another alpha test soon, we may even attempt one of those crowdfunding things to help us devote more time to developing. would that be a good thing or a bad thing ? would it put you off ?

what makes it look good ? what features did you like ? is there anything you dont like ?
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
User avatar
Triadian
Website & GUI
 
Posts: 1173
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:44 am

Re: My camp in the woods

Postby Khranos » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:52 am

Triadian wrote:but seriously we plan on starting another alpha test soon, we may even attempt one of those crowdfunding things to help us devote more time to developing. would that be a good thing or a bad thing ? would it put you off ?


I know I'm not the person in question, but I feel a crowd funding would be great for the project (publicity and income). Since I've been involved with a few, and have seen many go down, I do have a few suggestions. Physical merchandise of any kind is usually an issue, since it requires you pay for materials, pay somebody to make it, pay for shipping, and have to devote a ton of time doing so. Usually there's plenty of things you can "sell" ingame (credits, name-an-item, create-an-enemy, et cetera). I'd also suggest you all do your research on the site, since I know many take more than their due cut from the profits.

But in terms of being a community member, I see nothing wrong with that happening. If anything for us, it means a more active forum!
User avatar
Khranos
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:32 pm
Total Points: 0.00 W¢
Bank: 343.44 W¢

Re: My camp in the woods

Postby Triadian » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:34 am

Khranos wrote:Physical merchandise of any kind is usually an issue, since it requires you pay for materials, pay somebody to make it, pay for shipping, and have to devote a ton of time doing so.


So you dont want a 3d printed model of your ingame avatar :( but i just spent £3,000 on a new printer :P

:thumbsup: cheers for the advice
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
User avatar
Triadian
Website & GUI
 
Posts: 1173
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:44 am

Re: My camp in the woods

Postby Khranos » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:40 pm

Triadian wrote:
Khranos wrote:Physical merchandise of any kind is usually an issue, since it requires you pay for materials, pay somebody to make it, pay for shipping, and have to devote a ton of time doing so.


So you dont want a 3d printed model of your ingame avatar :( but i just spent £3,000 on a new printer :P

:thumbsup: cheers for the advice


Oh... weellll.... 3D printed avatar you say? You may have sold the idea.

Heh, but in all seriousness, I'm happy to have helped.
User avatar
Khranos
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:32 pm
Total Points: 0.00 W¢
Bank: 343.44 W¢

Re: My camp in the woods

Postby Jetcutter » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:26 am

Triadian wrote:So you dont want a 3d printed model of your ingame avatar :( but i just spent £3,000 on a new printer :P


Not to go waaaaaay off topic here, @Triadian, What software will it accept? I can write some files on my end :)
Only have 17 years experience, but, I"ll do my best. :D
User avatar
Jetcutter
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 11:24 pm
Location: Ohio
Total Points: 24.68 W¢
Bank: 1,055.62 W¢

Re: My camp in the woods

Postby Triadian » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:30 am

erm..... i didnt actually buy one...... most of what i say that involves a " :P " is probably not based upon a truth but said for comedic value. if it has a :P take it with a pinch of salt.
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
User avatar
Triadian
Website & GUI
 
Posts: 1173
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:44 am

Re: My camp in the woods

Postby Jetcutter » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:15 pm

Triadian wrote:erm..... i didnt actually buy one...... most of what i say that involves a " :P " is probably not based upon a truth but said for comedic value. if it has a :P take it with a pinch of salt.


:P
User avatar
Jetcutter
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 11:24 pm
Location: Ohio
Total Points: 24.68 W¢
Bank: 1,055.62 W¢


Return to ANNOUNCEMENTS & NEWS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron