All the latest News & Info on what were doing to Factions

Factions team working on a side project until Q3

Postby TheeLord » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:16 pm

Hi to whoever stops by here looking for the latest news on Factions! We have currently paused work on Factions to work on a smaller VR-only game to be released Q3 this year. I have become 100% convinced that VR is the future of immersive gaming, just a couple months ago I was working on Factions in VR, I remember standing in a forest looking over a cliff, looking up through the trees and I felt like I was IN the Factions world. I could sense the height of the cliff, see the grass blowing, hear the storm blowing in, see individual raindrops falling. I am on a mission to not only make Factions the best Sandbox MMO around, but also the best VR MMO available. This takes resources and more experience with VR then I currently have. This side project will hopefully bring in some much-needed money to hasten Factions' development and allow us to make it even better then it would have been without this break, it will also give us some further experience with different control schemes in VR. We WILL be back working on Factions after this side project is complete, and we'll have more details on what the project is in a few months time. Thank you for your continued support!!

Mike
TheeLord
Lead Programmer

Re: Factions team working on a side project until Q3

Postby Jetcutter » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:36 am

So,,, I supported something, that will never be realized.
Thanks, fellas.
Jetcutter

Total Points: 24.68 W¢
Bank: 1,045.62 W¢

Postby Triadian » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:05 am

it will be realized - and your money is still held in the account you are welcome to request it back if you feel it was wasted.
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
Triadian
Website & GUI

Postby TheeLord » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:45 am

Jetcutter wrote:So,,, I supported something, that will never be realized.
Thanks, fellas.

It will absolutely be realized, and may in fact be realized faster and with a higher degree of quality if this project works out well.
TheeLord
Lead Programmer

Postby Jetcutter » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:45 am

I dare not request a refund. A donation is just that, a donation. I am just a bit disappointed that this has been placed on the proverbial "I'll get to it" list.
Jetcutter

Postby Triadian » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:42 am

its more of a "we will mess it up unless we have a practise on something else first" list.

so given a choice of mess up factions or take a short break to mess up something else - the decision was to mess up something else learn from all those mistake and fix them then implement them in factions.
"it would separate this project from others because the devs are cool and have a clue :-)"
Triadian
Website & GUI

Postby Khranos » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:39 pm

However I do understand Jetcutter's skepticism on the continuation of Factions (many indie devs have trouble with temporary leave on projects these days), I would like to wish you guys the best in quickly finishing the new project and gaining a notable amount of financial support and knowledge to hit the ground running once back to Factions.
Khranos

Total Points: 0.00 W¢
Bank: 340.44 W¢

Postby TheeLord » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:52 pm

Khranos wrote:However I do understand Jetcutter's skepticism on the continuation of Factions (many indie devs have trouble with temporary leave on projects these days), I would like to wish you guys the best in quickly finishing the new project and gaining a notable amount of financial support and knowledge to hit the ground running once back to Factions.

Thanks Khranos, we will be back at it,it's really too freakin awesome not to continue. I can understand the concern also, but you must remember, I have been doing this since 2008 (I have taken breaks before, some quite long), I am not about to drop this amazing idea and one of the great passions of my life for anything. You all have nothing to worry about :D
TheeLord
Lead Programmer

Postby TheKroge » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm

Good luck
TheKroge

Total Points: 13.01 W¢

Postby TheeLord » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:39 pm

TheKroge wrote:Good luck

Thank you!
TheeLord
Lead Programmer

Postby Jetcutter » Sat May 21, 2016 12:53 pm

Hi guys.
Any updates?
Stay Frosty!
Jetcutter

Postby TheeLord » Mon May 23, 2016 7:48 pm

Jetcutter wrote:Hi guys.
Any updates?
Stay Frosty!

Hi Jetcutter, hope all is well. Progress is being made every day on this side project, and Q3 is still the release timeframe for it. I am thinking features will be cut before I will extend the timeframe on it, so that I make the release date I set for myself. I am still not ready to release info on the game yet, but maybe in a month or so I will put out some videos and more information. It's coming along very nicely!

Can't wait to get back to work on Factions!
TheeLord
Lead Programmer

Postby Khranos » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:43 pm

It's good to see that you're still checking the forums, if nothing else!

Though factions is what I'm here for of course, I'm looking forward to seeing what it is you all have been working on.
Khranos

Total Points: 0.00 W¢
Bank: 340.44 W¢

Postby Triadian » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:14 am

we always check the forums :P
Triadian
Website & GUI

Return to ANNOUNCEMENTS & NEWS