All the latest News & Info on what were doing to Factions

World VR Competition coming to SteamVR August 5th

Postby TheeLord » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:15 am

Hey everyone, I wanted to show you what we've been working on. It's called World VR Competition and it'll be available on Steam August 5th. The same day the Olympics start. World VR Competition is an exhilarating and physical competitive game. There will be ten different events in the game at launch, each with 3 difficulty levels and many different ways to play. You can play in competition mode in local multiplayer (which makes for an amazing VR Party!) or internet multiplayer, or you can challenge the highscores in single player practice mode.

Only one month 'till launch and still a couple of features to put in, placeholder art to replace, and a lot of polish needed. Let me know what you think of the pre-alpha trailer if you get a chance please! :thumbsup:
TheeLord
Lead Programmer

Re: World VR Competition coming to SteamVR August 5th

Postby Khranos » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:57 am

Looks to be an interesting VR game! It didn't appear to be showcased in the promo, but I'm willing to bet the local version would be a ton of fun. Stuff like this tempts me to finally join the VR hype.

Out of curiosity, will this game run on all major VR headsets or just a certain brand?
Khranos

Total Points: 0.00 W¢
Bank: 343.44 W¢

Re: World VR Competition coming to SteamVR August 5th

Postby TheeLord » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:39 pm

Yea I have yet to try local "party mode" with other people, but it should be awesome!

VR is pretty damn awesome, the content is still in infancy, but given another couple years I think everyone will want a headset.

This will run on HTC Vive at launch, Oculus Rift when it launches it's touch controllers towards the end of the year, and hopefully Playstation VR if sales are decent and we can get our hands on some dev equipment.
TheeLord
Lead Programmer

Return to ANNOUNCEMENTS & NEWS